Account creation for a Human Agent
You must be an Admin to add users in Sparkcentral.
Below are the steps on how to add a user to your platform.
Navigate to Settings , Agents & Teams, Agents, click on the Add Agentbutton.
Step 1. Fill out the agent information fields, & designate an Account Role
- First Name, Last Name, Email Address
- User Reference- set the Agent’s internal ID
- You can upload a photo, create a short code for them if you would like. (Agents are also able to add such information when they are logged into their account.)
- You will have to select their Account Role if they should have an Agent or an Admin access.
- Then click on Save.
- Admin – Access to Conversations tab, and Settings tab
- Agent – Access to Conversations tab
Please note: To gain access to the Reports tab, an agent’s Account Role can be either an Agent or an Admin, but the Channel Role must be set to Supervisor.
Step 2. Assign agent Channel Roles & Access Permissions
Choose which channels agents should have access to OR if you’d want the agent to be part of a specific Team.
There are three roles that you can set each team member to:
Viewer – This role can move conversations to pending or resolved, view the channels they have access to, add tags, notes and topics to conversations, but they can not reply to conversations. One may find this useful for new agents, to help them navigate around how the platform works.
Contributor – This role can move conversations to pending or resolved, view the channels they have access to, add tags, notes and topics to conversations, and reply in conversations. Contributors do not have access to Reports.
Supervisor – This role has all of the permissions that a Contributor has, as well as the ability to access the Reports tab. To view Reports, a user must hold a Supervisor role for the applicable channel.
Channel Based Access or Team Membership
- Channel Based Access: Classic concept of “team-less” Users with Channel access permissions.
- Team Membership: Team concept where Users belong to a Team, and have access to the Team’s channels. A User can be a Member of multiple Teams.
- Each user must have access to at least ONE channel, whether a Viewer, Contributor or Supervisor to gain access to their Sparkcentral account.
- Once a user is restricted from a channel, they cannot view any conversations within that channel.
- Any updates made to the user’s Channel Access Permissions takes place immediately.
- Admins also have the ability to toggle access for ‘All Channels’ when creating a channel based access agent’s account.
All Set! You have added the Agent successfully.
As soon as the Admin completes the new agent account creation, a Welcome Email will be sent to the agent together with their email login information, and a link to create a new password to use to login to their Sparkcentral account.