What do Automations do?
Using Automations helps increase productivity, and enhance workflow within Sparkcentral. This is achieved through the automation of tagging, adding a topic, or resolving a conversation.
Automations consist of a set of criterias you nominate in a message, and the immediate action that will be executed if a trigger takes place.
How to create an Automation?
Admins can manage to create, update, delete Automations by navigating to Settings,Routing & Automations,Automations
Step 1: Name your Automation
Click on Add Automation , and Name your Automation.
Step 2: Decide what part of the individual message will trigger your rule
We have enhanced the automation logic enabling you to create more complex automations.
Admins can configure that multiple automation rules can be used in an OR / AND – triggers automation when any one of the defined conditions is true.
If message / Or message
- Begins with or Ends with, any of option means that your keywords or phrases will be separated by commas, and the rule will apply to any keywords or phrases as subdivided by commas.
- Contains or Does not contain, option of any of or all of your keywords or phrases. Selecting “all of” will require you to enter your keywords or phrases exactly as they appear in individual messages. If you go with “any of” , then your keywords or phrases will be separated by commas, and the rule will apply to any keywords or phrases as subdivided by commas.
- Has a word count of, specify a number count.
Step 3: Select what automation action must be executed
Once you have completed the “If message” section of your automation rule, you are ready to move to yourThen section. You will see three action options.
You can choose from Resolve conversation, Tag with, or Apply topic.
- Tag with allows incoming conversations to be automatically tagged with a preexisting tag.
- Apply Topic automatically apply a topic to help you categorize, route, and prioritize the queue.
- Resolve conversation automatically moves the conversation to your account’s resolved queue.
Want to take your Automations to the next level:
Add more steps to your rule by clicking the “+” icon (as shown below) in the Then section. AND operator (currently supported) – triggers automation when all defined conditions are true. This will allow you to take multiple actions on the same conversation, such as adding multiple tags/topics or adding both a topic, and resolving the conversation.
- If you have enabled the Resolve Reasons feature for your organization, when using automations to resolve conversations, you can now also choose a corresponding Resolve Reason. This will automatically be applied to all conversations that are resolved via automations.
- In the reporting you can filter on ‘Resolve Reasons’, and on ‘Resolve Trigger’. The trigger in this case would be “Automation”. This way you can easily find the results of all your automations.
Step 4: Apply this automation to a channel and to a specific conversation type
Lastly, Admins can apply this automation to a channel, and to a specific conversation type (public/private).
- Your automation won’t save until you click “Save” at the bottom of the page.
- Immediately upon saving, the set rule will apply to new incoming conversations.
Automations are only visible to, and manageable by Admins.
When you create an automation in Sparkcentral, it is automatically set to “active” once saved.
- If you would like to deactivate an automation, move the toggle button in the “Enabled” column to the off position.
- To delete an automation, click the trashcan icon for the automation you want to delete. Deleting an automation will permanently remove it, while deactivating an automation will pause related actions until it is reactivated.
Automations are not retroactive, so saved rules will not apply to conversations/messages that are already in the New or Pending queues. It must be activated to apply to incoming conversations.