Business Hours are the scheduled hours that the agents are available to answer customers.
How to add and manage existing Business Hours?
Admins can manage to create, update, delete Business Hours by navigating to Settings, Channels & Business Hours ,Business hours.
Add Business Hours settings:
Click on Add Business Hours to add a new configuration.
- Give the configuration a name
- Select the timezone you are working in
- Set the opening hours per day. Click on +Add Hours if you have multiple opening hours on a single day
- Add the holidays
- Select the channels you want to assign these settings to
Once saved, you can always change the settings.
Please note: You can only assign one business hours configuration per channel.
In this example you can see:
- The hours are configured for the timezone: “America/Los_Angeles”
- The configuration has been assigned to 2 channels
Business hours have been configured for Monday through Saturday.
- You can set multiple opening hours per day. In this example, on Saturday the opening hours are from 09:00 – 12:00 and from 2:00-5:00.
- December 25th has been added as a holiday, and this will overrule the normal business hours
- Times in Sparkcentral will be shown in different formats, depending on your computer settings. For example: 09:00 – 17:00 or 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Changes to autoresponder settings:
The Auto Responder configuration will no longer have the option to configure the Business Hours in there. They will use the Business Hours of the Channels they have access to.
Learn more on how to configure an Auto Responder.
Business Hours: First Response Time
If you have configured business hours in your account, these will now be taken into account when calculating your First Response Time.
If you haven’t configured business hours, we assume your business is available 24/7.
If the Virtual Agent has already responded to a customer, there will be no FRT calculated. Only for human support agents, this metric is available.
Your business hours are set to 9 AM-5 PM.
1. Customer sends a message during business hours
10.00 AM Inbound message from your customer
10.05 AM Agent responds
The First Response Time in this example is 5 minutes.
2. Customer sends a message outside business hours
08.00 AM Inbound message from your customer
09.20 AM Agent responds
The First Response Time in this example is 20 minutes.
3. Customer sends a message during business hours and VA sends initial response
11.00 AM First inbound message from your customer
11.01 AM Virtual Agent responds to the customer
11.02 AM Virtual Agent moves the conversation to the New queue
11.30 AM Agent responds
The First Response Time in this example is 28 minutes.