Display issues when importing CSV files in Excel
When you export data from Sparkcentral, the data is stored in CSV files. When importing these files in MS Excel you might experience line breaks or other unexpected display issues limiting you to work with the data.
This is an MS Excel limitation. When you open the CSV file as a text file, you can see the file is correct.
You can use this workaround to import data in MS Excel:
- After exporting to CSV, do not open the CSV file. (If you already opened it, close it without saving.)
- Upload the CSV file to a Google Sheet.
- Open the CSV file in Google Sheets. You will see that all the data is displayed correctly.
- Download the Google Sheet (File -> Download as) to a Microsoft Excel file (.xlsx).
- Open the new file in MS Excel. The data is now displayed correctly.