What is Prioritization?
Prioritization is a process used in Sparkcentral to make sure that your most urgent conversations are being handled by agents in a more timely, and efficient manner. Using Prioritization (in combination with Automations) detects those urgent conversations, and places them higher in the queue.
Benefits of Prioritization:
- Align your queue to organizations business strategy
- Higher customer satisfaction from customers that matter the most
- Better first response time, and resolution time for conversations that matter the most
- Staffing the team appropriately
How to enable Prioritization?
Admins must navigate to Settings,Routing & Automations,Prioritization
Admins can choose to prioritize conversations in the queue based on the following:
- Each of these prioritization rules has a weight of 1.
- If multiple prioritization rules are applied to 1 conversation, all weights will be added to get a total priority score.
- The queue will be arranged based on the priority score (highest – lowest).
How does Prioritization work?
- Once the prioritization rule is set, the NEW queue is arranged based on the Priority Score calculated for each conversation. If two conversations have the same Priority Score then we arrange them based on the time when they came in (i.e. oldest to newest).
- Priority Score of a conversation can change when it is in progress For e.g. if a conversation comes in with no topic attached to the conversation, and no matching customer segment, so it starts with 0 point but if an agent manually assigns a high priority topic to the conversation then we calculate the Priority Score of the conversation, assign it 1 point, and prioritize it accordingly.
- Similarly, if a topic was previously applied to the conversation which contributed positively to the Priority Score but was then removed by the agent then this would decrease the Priority Score of the conversation.
- Any conversations that are not prioritized or have 0 points will be arranged based on the conversation timestamp and can be sorted oldest to newest or newest to oldest.
- When a conversation goes from PENDING to NEW queue, we recalculate the priority score to ensure they are placed correctly in the queue.
- By hovering over the prioritization indicator , you will be able to see the matching high priority Topics, Customer Segments, and high priority Channels and Conversation Types.