What is (S)FTP access?
Why would you need to have (S)FTP access to your Sparkcentral environment?
- Audit Logs
- Scheduled Exports
What steps need to be taken to gain access?
- Generating an FTP User.
- Downloading and installing an (S)FTP client.
- Connecting to the Sparkcentral Environment.
- Downloading the necessary files.
Generating an FTP User
- In your Sparkcentral environment, go to Settings.
- Scroll down the left window and click on ,Integration & APIs,FTP Users.
- On the upper right, click on Generate FTP User.
- A small pop-up window will appear with two fields. One for the username and one for its password. Next to both these fields, you can click the button to copy the content of the fields. The password can also be viewed by clicking on the button. Make sure that you save the password, as it will not be available anymore after closing the window.
Downloading and installing an (S)FTP client
- In this guide we will be using FileZilla as our (S)FTP client. It can be downloaded from https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?type=client.
- After clicking on the Download button, a pop-up will appear. In this window, click on the left download button, and the client will start downloading.
- Run the downloaded application and go through the installation process.
Connecting to the Sparkcentral Environment
- Open your (S)FTP client (FileZille in our case).
- When opened, you will need to enter a few fields. As shown in the image below.
- In the Host field, enter the appropriate url.
- US client: sftp://exports.sparkcentral.com
- EU client: sftp://exports-eu.sparkcentral.com
- In the Username and Password field, enter the credentials you generated in your Sparkcentral Environment a few moments ago.
- In the Port field, enter the number 22.
- Click on Quickconnect.
- A pop-up window with a notification about a host key will likely appear. You can proceed by clicking on OK.
- After a few moments, the connection will be established.
Accessing files from your Sparkcentral Environment
- Once connected, you have the option to browse the directory of your Sparkcentral Environment.
- Using the window to the bottom right (the window with the red border in the screenshot below), you can navigate into different folders to search for an audit log of a specific day.
- The structure of this directory is as shown on the image below.
- In order to download a specific log, you need to select a download folder first. To do this, use the window to the upper left to select the download folder. (As shown in the image below).
- We are now ready to download any files into our download folder. To do this, head over to the window to the lower right. Right click the Audit Log file you want and click on Download.
- The file can now be opened by navigating to your download folder using your file explorer (Windows Explorer, Finder, …).
- The logs can be viewed by opening them with any application that supports the CSV format (Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, …).