Topics essentially define the purpose of a conversation. It can be applied to conversations to help the agents categorize, route, and prioritize the queue.
Admins must first create the Topic before it can be applied to conversations, and this can be done either manually or via an Automations at a conversation level.
How to manage & create Topics?
Admins can manage to create, update, delete Topics by navigating to Settings, Routing & Automations, Topics.
To create a Topic:
Click on Add Topic
Edit a Topic:
- Topics is a global setting, so any changes made will apply to every channel.
- Admins are able to edit any existing topic name as needed.
- If the admin edits the name of the existing topic, then the new topic name will reflect in every conversation where the topic has been applied.
Delete a Topic:
- If a topic is about to get deleted, the following will appear on the admin’s screen:
- If the admin clicks delete, then the topic will be deleted.
- After the topic is deleted, the topic will be removed from all the conversations where the topic had been applied.
- The deleted topic will no longer appear in the topics drop-down, and nor in the queue filters.
- Admins will be able to see the reporting for the topics which are deleted but were available at the time for which the report is run.
- There will be no audit trail in the conversation history for the deleted topics.
Topics view in the conversation pane:
- Topics that are applied to a conversation will be visible to agents in the conversation header bar.
- Agents are able to add & assign topic(s) manually to the conversation by clicking on the + Topic.
- Admins can automatically apply topics based on keywords or phrases by setting up Automations.
- Audit trails will show in the conversation history, how the topic was applied, and if a topic was removed by an agent.
- A conversation can have multiple topics applied at any given time.
- Topics are applied to the conversation as a whole, and remain associated with the conversation.
Admins can now choose to add High-Priority Topics to prioritize conversations in the queue. Navigate to Settings – Routing & Automations – Prioritization.
The more topics match in a single conversation, the higher the priority, and the higher it will appear in the queue. Learn more about Prioritization.
How to filter the queue by Topics?
- The queue can be filtered by Topics to help agents focus on specific topic conversations.
Where can Supervisors review Topics reporting data?
The Topics report brings visibility, and insights into topic volume and usage. There are two ways to review topics reporting data:
- Supervisors of a channel can access Reports, On- Demand Exports, Topics export to review Topics data. To learn more about this export, visit Topics.
- Supervisors also have access to the in-product Topics reporting via Reports, Topics. Admins can select any, and all topics they wish to report on for the channel of their choosing. When a user loads the Topics report, the top 10 topics for the selected channel & date range will be the default view. This helps offer insight into the most utilized topics without having to manually select them. Data on other topics can be viewed by searching for them below the list of the top 10. This report is channel-specific.